We understand how annoying it is your toilet flush constantly running for many reasons. The first and foremost is the annoying sound we’ve all once heard that can keep you awake all night. The second is of course related to the additional costs that arise, without expecting it. Such a damage implies higher water consumption but also the need for plumbing. If you want to solve this problem quickly and efficient, call Αποφράξεις Περιστέρι.
If you want to find the source of the problem yourself, before you call a plumber, follow these simple steps. Carefully remove the lid of the toilet flushand place it securely. Next, pull out the toilet flushand try to identify the toilet fittings to identify the problem. Do not hesitate to put your hand in the cistern, if necessary, because the water is clean. The first thing you need to understand, before dealing with the reason your toilet flush is running, is how it works.
Learn how it works by Αποφράξεις Περιστέρι
First, when you open the lid, you will see inside a small ball, filled with air. The ball floats in the water which is accumulated in the toilet bowl. This ball is connected to the mechanism by which the valve opens. When the toilet flushis full of water, the ball, after floating, is at a certain height, keeping the water release valve closed.
Very simply and following the laws of gravity, when you push the lever, that is, you pull the cistern, the chain inside the toilet flushpulls and opens the valve. This releases the accumulated water through a hole and a pipe and is driven by pressure into the basin. Then, two things happen at the same time. Water escapes from the release valve while water enters the toilet flushfrom the inlet valve.
Keep in mind that the toilet flushempties much faster than it fills. Therefore, there is a point at which it is completely empty, when the ball reaches the threshold. Then, through the open inlet valve, the refill hose refills the overflow hose with water. Your toilet flushwill fill with water again until the floating ball closes the valve again. You have learned the basics of how it works. Let’s see why your toilet flush can run.
But why is the toilet flush running constantly?
The most common reason your toilet flush can run is related to the chain. Chain length may be the source of your problem. If the chain is short, it may prevent the proper release locking of the release valve on the hole from which water exits the basin. Thus, the water will constantly flow to the basin. On the other hand, if the chain is too long, it can become entangled and thus prevent the proper operation of the toilet flushagain.
A ball, such as the one described above, that has not been placed correctly or has been damaged can also be the cause of your toilet flushrunning, leaving water constantly flowing from the overflow pipe and ending up in the pipe.
The problem may even be in the water release valve itself. This is because over time, the valve loses its elasticity. This can stop its smooth operation. If, therefore, it does not adequately cover the release passage, water will continue to flow to the basin.
Change the rubber bubble by Αποφράξεις Περιστέρι
1) The first thing we always do is isolate the part where we have the problem. Therefore turn off the switch that supplies water to the cistern.
2) Empty all the water inside the cistern. Just press the use button on the cistern.
3) Carefully open the toilet flush to see inside.
4) Carefully unscrew the lid on the bottom of the bar you see.
5) Unscrew the vertical bar which is plastic. Grasp it with your hand from the bottom end to unscrew it. You can see this bar after unscrewing the lid from the previous step. At its base is the bubble that you need to replace.
6) Replace the old bubble with a new one. The new one should be the same as the old one. So we suggest you have the old one with you when you buy the new one.
7) Place the rod in place and screw it in firmly until it clicks into place. Install the lid and close the lid.
8) Turn on the water supply switch.
9) Check that the toilet flush is no longer running!
Change the flotation by Αποφράξεις Περιστέρι
1) Turn off the water supply switch (classic step).
2) Drain all the water from the bowl.
3) Open the lid of the bowl.
4) With a wrench, unscrew and remove the spiral pipe located below or on the side of the basin.
5) Unscrew the mechanism (clamp) connected to the float.
6) Remove the float from the bowl
7) Install the new float, which should be the same as the previous one. Screw the clamp and the spiral tube as they were originally.
8) Turn on the water supply switch
9) Check that the problem has been fixed!
If you can not find the source of the problem and you are tired of the sound and waste of water, all you have to do is turn off the water supply and contact Αποφράξεις Βύρωνας to fix it.